Task checklists are lists of actions that should be performed during application processing. They are a helpful way to streamline and standardize workflow. Tasks can be assigned to your team member(s), the borrowers or the intermediary.
Tasks can contain the following information:
- The status of the task ("Not Done", "In Review" or "Done").
- Description of the task to be completed
- Who the task is assigned to (either your team members, the borrower or the intermediary).
- The task's due date, which lets assignees understand when it should be completed by.
- Variables (i.e. data fields) that are related to the task and are displayed within it.
- Documents that have been associated with the task.
- Comments have been made regarding the task.
To create a new Task:
- Navigate to the "Task Checklist" tab of an application.
- Click the "Create Task" button.
- A popup will appear requesting the information listed below.
- Once the form is complete, click the "Create Task" button and the task will be created (with the initial status of "Not Done").
The "Create Task" form includes the following fields:
- Description, which is the description of the task.
- Assign To, which lets you select who to assign the task to.
- Due Date for the task to be completed by.
- Prevent applications from entering status(es) if task is not done, which is a toggle that, if activated, prevents the application from entering the selected workflow statuses until the task is completed.
- Include editable application data within the task, which lets you conveniently display task-related data.
- Automatically mark this task as Done if a condition passes, which will be checked every time the application is updated. This condition must return “true” (string) or TRUE (boolean) to pass.
If you are assigning tasks to borrowers or intermediaries, please note the following:
- They will receive an email when the task is created so that they're aware of the requirement.
- You can display these tasks on a digital lending portal that they have access to. This gives you the ability to let them upload documents directly to the task, add comments to the task and move it from "Not Done" to "In Review" or "Done".
DigiFi's standard borrower portals include built-in functionality for this, making it easy for borrowers or intermediaries to work on their tasks. They'll be presented with a list of outstanding tasks and can upload documents, add comments or mark tasks as complete.
To edit a task:
- Navigate to the "Task Checklist" tab of the application.
- Click on the task you would like to edit.
- A view will appear from the side with all of the task's information.
When editing a task, your team members can take the following actions:
- View and modify the task details (description, assignees, etc.) by clicking the "Edit Task" button.
- Edit the data fields by clicking the "Edit Data" button.
- View documents by clicking on them.
- Upload documents by clicking on the "Upload Document" button.
- Add a comment by clicking the "Add Comment" button.
- Click "Mark As Done" to complete the task (or click the 3-dots icon beside the title for more status options).
When your platform administrator was setting up the platform, they may have configured standard tasks that will be automatically created when application's change workflow statuses. This automation is helpful to streamline and standardize day-to-day workflows. Please see Standard Task Checklist for more information.
Updated 2 months ago